Saturday, June 19, 2010

Losing To A Video Game

Haha, this is a really funny thing for me to think about. I'm not really that into video games as I used to be, so losing to a video game really badly is very funny to me. It's like I used to go on tilt and get all steamy when I would keep on losing with other players in a video game and then get so obsessed about beating everybody. The interesting thing is that the distraction depressed me a little but I practically just wasted time without really paying a lot of money. Many people consider that time is money and that I pretty much could place a value of playing video games in the past as priceless, if I all I really did was just practically get a free game from a friend and then just played it from dawn to the next morning.

So I'm practically getting my butt kicked playing a no-limit hold-em video game. I'm pretty impressed by how realistic the A.I. can play. It makes reasonable bluffs and calls. I managed to beat the whole thing at least once, but still I'm thinking to myself what if I had all this money and then lost it thinking I could become rich. Poker is fun at times, but playing it so vigorously continuously does not really feel right for me. I guess I hate the feeling of losing a large sum of money even if poker was to deal with skill. I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb when I'm playing at a cash game. I know that if I were to play it pretty often, I would also have some winning days too but I think I'm going to be faced with more losing incidences rather than winning days. It's really hard for me to think about how profitable poker could be and that to obtain elite status, you have to be born lucky. It feels a little like living on the edge for me, and I just don't really want to give up my money in poker and pay my dues there by playing it with money.