Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Developing Grit

It's not everyday that a person wakes up to want to start a business and leave a job that feels not challenging enough and not motivating to you. I really hated working at this one place for almost a year, so I guess I had a little help in getting tossed out of that workplace haha. Sometimes, I wish that I didn't act stupid over some choices but those decisions are pretty much what identify my personality.

Growing up, I was pretty much normal as one can be- I came out to be a little shorter than others and more self-conscious about that fact but then again I'm starting to not really mind so much now. To get this state of confidence, I did a little cheating with finding out good news randomly- I was at this place to get a cheap haircut and then I saw a magazine that talked about what your hair style says about you so I opened up to that page thinking maybe I'll get a new look for laughs, it was instead results of some survey from both men and women.

I noticed a difference between men and women on their results- men tend to think more on visual and physical things then women do; a key difference was that men notice each others' height occasionally and think about that; whereas, women hardly do that upon other women. I guess it's safe to say that women don't really care that much about how short they are compared to others or would not want to take it that seriously anyway. I read on Wikipedia that women tend to be a little more emotionally invested than men are, where when I had those types of feelings I thought I was in some pickle or being forced into something by way of the light or dark side haha.

It pretty much settles the score for me. In a relationship, being short is not a major impediment to having a committed and healthy marriage. I'm not saying just because a man is short, he tends to be more faithful to his wife than his taller counterpart- it really depends on the personality. In my opinion, it's pretty much safe to assume on a normal person that the personality isn't really affected with what he or she has on the outside. In other words, if some women are obsessed about having a tall partner haha, I could just think that they are a little loony and just be a little more patient with finding a beautiful person who doesn't really like to judge on those criteria. It's also pretty rare to find a woman who would be attracted to a significantly shorter male, but that would make the woman appear unique wouldn't it? One of my friends sometimes likes to complain about shallow things like why is that foxy lady with this ugly guy haha. Another guy said one time that I was too short to attract Annie Tran (over at that church) and apologized to me about it haha. Ummm, I'm not that interested anyway.