Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Get To Come To The Rescue

I have to admit that one of my weaknesses is having a minor fit with people who give off a selfish impression to me. I now understand what my mother was going through the whole time. I remember how I argued with her and called her not a perfect parent and stuff like that- hey, I was trying to be honest. Putting all of that aside, it's a good thing I paid attention to my mom's medical history. I could seriously be a gentlemen to my mom right now and don't really have to horse around with her from being mad at thinking how lazy or selfish it feels.

The reason is that my mom worked a hard thirty years on a job that she didn't really like and her body just gave out all of a sudden. At her middle age stage, the doctor said that her arthritis level is comparable to an eighty year old and also her arm strength and bone density isn't really that good. My mom was pretty much banging on the keyboard for a long time and it must have put very detrimental effects on her wrists. Also, it looks like these long hours coupled with really losing it from stressing out to put food on the table and get out of debt just wasn't really healthy for her body. My mom really dedicated herself all those long years, and I sometimes couldn't come to reason and understand it. I now do, and it comes from actually paying attention to my own mother. Everything she says, I can hear what she's trying to tell me- I sometimes don't want to be a good boy to her standards but I now get the gist of what she's telling me.

I don't want to argue with my mom anymore with her situation- I understand how much pain her body is going through because of the economic hardship our family went through. I'm at a level right now where I could bring in a lot of financial support now. While I'm at my parent's house, I really want to serve them well. I'm going to clean the house, do the dishes, and even try to cook haha while I'm bringing in some good money to help them pay off their house and my own student loans. I really want to give back everything I can to my parents for providing me with a home and environment to grow in. I don't care if it wasn't perfect because I want to show my parents love now. I'm not going to argue with my mom anymore and do my best to support her now.