Sunday, October 20, 2013

Humbling Myself

Last night, I did some things that a typical man journeys into but instead of feeling like a wreck which is how most intelligent men feel from getting a type of mental hangover, I was actually feeling quite proud and confident of my current biological status. Okay, that settles it, no more giving into feeding an ego that I already know is strong and no need to go after tempting myself in overcompensating and looking like an idiot later in another social group.

The only thing about me is that I'm physically short, and I feel sad and want to try cry about it sometimes but then again, I'm always trying to laugh it off these days. Laughter is great medicine for an ailing soul! Because my parents for some odd reason think I'm a sociopath whenever I make silent laughter that's pretty obvious to them, I'm trying to laugh off these issues in my own head without showing my true emotions on the surface of my actual face!

Because I don't cry whenever I'm sad, it seems like that expression I give off in my face is what my parents find the most acceptable in. They don't want me to complain to them or else they'll think I'm crazy. It's absolutely funny but at the same time, a pain to have to deal with. Oh well, I'm getting better at personally resolving these things internally. It looks like I've gained so much true confidence these days, but I'm really taking my time with finding someone to love and settle down with still. The saying goes, love conquers all. For me, it pretty much means that if my parents complain about something shallow or small and disapprove of a future girlfriend and we both end up loving each other, then I'm going to disregard them about those things. Might as well labor hard and make a lot of money so my parents come to me for financial support and won't say much if I threaten to leave their sight because they are being so shallow!