Thursday, February 25, 2016

Daily Bible Journal

Proverbs 13:4, says "The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich." (NKJV)

I found this verse to be very encouraging and truthful in that in order to make progress and be able to feast on good times during the harvest, the work needs to be done in planting the seeds and watering the fields in the hot summer days. I'm talking in a literary sense again.

Work isn't always going to be easy and motivating to get into, but it sure does help to get into a calling and feel relaxed about it on most days.

Proverbs 15:1 says, "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."(NKJV)

On what authority do I have to write about the Bible? I don't have any credentials or some seminary experience. I'm just a layman with a personal faith in Jesus.

Anyway with Proverbs 15:1, I see how it relates to the things I said to people when they were trying to cross me. They became mad and paranoid with me! I'm not talking about the details in full anymore, out of trying to be respectful for them.

Proverbs 15:8 says, "A wrathful man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger allays contention." (NKJV)

Going to Proverbs 15:8, I am a knowledgeable person about the things I communicate with people. When people cross me, I want to blow up and it's a normal reaction that has turned into a personally recognizable pattern. Out of respect for being a servant of God and building His kingdom, I feel like I have a sense of duty to hold back my words, when things get too out of hand.

Basically, I just need to keep doing what I have been doing and just discerning the situation and being wise about the experience I have been gaining all this time.

Proverbs 15:28 says, "The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil." (NKJV)

This reminds me of a funny situation I recall not too long ago. A friend who was supervising me asked me what was up about this co-worker I had a problem with. I told him honestly I didn't feel good about him. My friend who wanted us to get along said "Wrong answer" and ended up disciplining me on his shift as a joke. From Proverbs 15:28, it looks like it's education in presenting ourselves properly with a problematic individual and a lot of hard work to resolve irritating issues that keep prolonging itself while being amicable and peaceful about it.

Proverbs 15:33 says "The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility." (NKJV)

Studying the Word of God is where I can get my knowledge of how to live righteously and be in good standing with others while living prosperously and enjoying a good life with friends and family and possibly good Christian wife with kids in the future.