Friday, February 26, 2016

Daily Bible Journal

Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established." (NKJV) 

1 Cor 10:31 says, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." (KJV)

1 Col 3:17 says, "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed; do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." (KJV)

To me, Prov. 16:3 is mentioning that God will guide us if we dedicate to living all for Him. 

Phil. 4:8 says, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (KJV)

God is basically love as mentioned in 1 John 4:8. It's basically enjoyable and pleasant to have a sound mind and peaceful attitude that goes on in the heart. Being away from all the turmoil with the daily stresses and to be at ease. These kind of stuff just happen to believers when they are truly obedient to serving the Lord. It's a joy and blessing to serve God, I mean. To have this loving mind and willpower like Jesus, it's something that the Holy Spirit likes to provide!

Prov 16:6 says, "In mercy and truth atonement is provided for iniquity; and by the fear of the Lord one departs from evil." (NKJV)

Psalm 145:8 says, "The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy."(KJV) The NIV mentions in this verse that God is rich in love. 

Prov 16:6 means to me that coming to know God and then establishing fellowship with Him through how we live, our minds and hearts just gradually transform and get away from sinning constantly. It's from having that love of God in you that you are able to carry yourself and move forward with your spiritual calling.

Prov 16:24 says, "Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." (NKJV)

For Prov 16:24, this verse is a little personal for me in that I have some experience in writing really nasty messages to people. It really bugs them a lot, and I can't say that I haven't been the recipient of them either. I think just trying to sound nice isn't really going to cut it with angry people. It also requires wisdom with handling the conflict, and from trying to get those people to calm down while knowing nothing and acting nice, it was really frustrating for me! This area is a work in progress for me and sometimes it's going to be inevitable with being crossed by others and also me crossing them.

Gal 6:7 says, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (KJV)

Basically, I reaped what I sowed from being mad and breathing irritating fire that turned some people crazy with me. It was so bad that it isn't even repairable. I would like to be more prudent and under more self-control next time around. What's helping me to establish better social skills is having a friendly and ongoing relationship with a woman I am attracted to. I guess settling down is about meeting someone you are attracted to and then seeing if you can get along with that person. 

Prov 16:25 says, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (NKJV)

To me, Prov. 16:25 is saying from experience that by trying to do things on my own, I've experienced so much heartache with failure to go along with it. I have some things that I regret doing, like inadvertently making an art history teacher think that I'm a racist during my presentation. This memory still gets me like a bad flashback to this day. You definitely reap what you sow and I wish I could change some things, but it can't be helped. What's shaped me though is that I want to move forward in the right direction with the Lord's guidance.