Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Left An Entertaining Controversial Reply

This is just discussion over a health product called Herbalife for me. I don't even know if it's controversial. I guess it is, if people are taking sides and since it looks like I'm on one side, it would be then!

Check out this website that talks bad about Herbalife because of its ingredients. http://www.ancestral-nutrition.com/an-unbiased-review-of-herbalife/

Maybe the author is done with responding to Herbalife sheep and my comment might have been too overwhelming. It's more like a long essay that could sway the audience because I'm just good enough like that. Okay, maybe she might not let it go through. We will have to see! I'm supposed to be the last one on there, but in case it never goes and she just wants people that support and cheer her up, here it is:

Dani, it's nice to be informed of ingredients that don't look safe. Despite me using it, I understand your health assessment of the product so I'm not bothering to promote it to anyone. There are people who say good things about Herbalife and those who don't. It isn't a perfect world, so I want to entertain your questions you have reiterated. 

How are GMOs healthy?
How are transfats healthy?
How is MSG healthy?
How are processed ingredients healthy?
How are artificial sweeteners healthy?
How are rancid vegetable oils healthy?

I heard a long time ago that MSG is bad in that even though it can help make food taste better, some people are allergic to it and can die from a result. Either Herbalife is really good at covering up incidents causing those deaths or the ingredients associated with it on that product might not chemically react to form that substance.

You did state in the article carageenan comes from a seaweed, so it is technically derived from something in its natural state. If some type of study has shown sucralose is pretty safe to consume, the same goes for the other substances that raise your alarms. 

This loosely reminds me of my Master's level class with writing scientific, research papers. I scored a 100% on it, so I've learned quite a bit on some jargon researchers use. From doing literature research (conducting a survey of all the research out there), I am going to assume there are proponents for whatever reasons or conflicts of interests they have and also opposition with the findings. 

This is a pretty fun example I had the privilege of discussing about in my class. For the website, Luminosity, the organization claims that people grow smarter from playing their games. I looked at some studies that stated otherwise and some that did.  Overall, from a consumer point of view, it's inconclusive for me, so I've chosen not to spend money to partake of playing addictive games that could or could not help me. 

It's pretty much what floats your boat in my perspective with Herbalife. It has a Kosher certification tag on it, and it's not offending some big synagogues so at least it has some recognition. Of course, they hate bacon on a side note, which you wouldn't be too thrilled about!

From a quantitative side of research ( the actual numbers and results), the research is still yet to be determined and has to converge with some bridge. Like, we know now that no matter how much the tobacco industry funds pro-tobacco research, they can't deny that inhaling carbon monoxide for long exposure like chain smokers do contribute to lung disease! It even has a surgeon general warning on it and for some political reason, the country can't let go of taxing it so stupidly!

From a qualitative side ( observing people), I have read accounts that people taking Herbalife for 20+ years have been "happy" off of it and even 70 year old women are actively enjoying sports from having taken it. I don't know about you, but I want to do that too when I'm a grumpy old man in 40 years.

Basically, you informed the consumer what's on there. People are giving mixed thoughts about it. It's the glass is either half-full or half-empty. You don't want to for your own convincing reasons, and I respect that.

I choose to take it because I've seen 8% body fat loss, 5 pounds of muscle increase, and my metabolism has went from a 50 year old to a 19 year old in three weeks time! I didn't lose weight, I gained a pound of muscle.

The products work for me, and I agree it's not for everybody. I don't just take Herbalife by the way. I also work out and try to eat right, which is the key. Herbalife contains some good stuff, despite the ingredients you mentioned. You have to exercise man and eat right to lose weight and get the ripped abs that I so want! 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. 100% mindset, that's what it takes to be a healthy and energetic person that we all so want to be.