Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Jesus First Mentality

Honestly, it's pretty crazy from how I've been living for myself all this time, the answer to all of my problems is really to turn to Jesus! Matthew 11:28 says that Jesus will give you rest. There's really no such thing as it being too little to also not let God deal with it. This is one of my major faults that kept me from getting closer to figuring out the truth.

God commands us with over 600 laws in the Bible! However, Jesus was able to sum it up by referring to the two greatest commandments. It's to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. Secondly, it's to do the same for everyone. It means that from obeying these two commandments, you are abiding by everything God commands us with. It's lovely but hard to do right?

This gets me thinking now that everything I do, even while I'm in and over myself while raging and thinking about how to get even with dumb people like Lee and another guy who was just being full of himself at that time, I still need to be loving with them because of the love of Jesus in me. Just from being straight up honest with them, it makes a lot easier to spill the truth out of wanting to be loving.

It's also easy to conclude and reveal to everybody that Lee and the other weird dude were not about being a loving person because they were selfishly holding onto a view and refusing to let it go especially over a situation that doesn't even matter. Just speaking the truth, I'm human too and want to do the same back at them, but because of Christ's love for me, I have to tell them that it's right in God's eyes to still be loving towards them while they are acting stupid with me for awhile!

I have this joy when I'm living in the spirit of the God. Yet, I believe my gifts are not meant for me to go into ministry.