Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Cool, I Think a Cute Friend Likes Me and Here's Why

I've been hanging around with this girl friend for awhile now and she's been talking about how she doesn't feel comfortable being out in the public. She talks about getting therapy for being anti-social, but she's really comfortable being around me for support. Okay, that's cool and I'm there for her because we are like family. She calls me a "friend" to other people and I just nod to them while giving a smile about it. It stings only a little because I don't have a girlfriend and she's actually pretty cute. I accept my circumstances, but lately I've been picking up on these subtle signs that she may have a romantic interest in me. It's not weird or anything, but seems all so totally natural from her end.

First of all, she holds a high standards with the girls I choose to date and a decent looking close friend of hers has expressed a little interest in me and she's just playing it off and not giving in to help us meet. It's cool because her friend has a kid while being a chill, intelligent, and pretty single mom with a boyfriend she wants to dump. I think that's nice of her to want me to not get into some complications in a relationship with a growing child and also possible ex being the father.

The biggest clue that I'm picking up on is very subtle body language. When we hang out, she's usually associating me with being so fun because that's right we do fun stuff, but that's not the deal maker. It's normal to hang out and be friends and have so much fun. It's like I'm going through the motion with her a lot and I feel bored but just give in to what she wants to do sometimes. The thing that I'm getting a glimpse of her feelings comes from possibly the way she initiates her hugs with me. When she's stressed out about something, I have noticed her giving a gentle tap. On her happy days, she will give me a full touch that feels good! Here's something I noticed- on a few days I have been not really feeling it and just being there for her because we're buddies; I've tapped her shoulder only for her to hide a frown on her face. It's very subtle and I have barely noticed it. When she has tapped my shoulder and I just gave her a high energy and positive hug, she's really embraced it.

I even have shown my appreciation for her while not really feeling that way and she responds very happily to it. Again, her body language is so subtle and I'm just tapping into the possibility that she could be interested in me romantically. I'm just cool about it! Cool! This sort of thing is happening while we are still friends and it's definitely possible for a guy and girl to go from Point A as friends and then Point XXX for marriage! I don't believe in fornication by the way and I hold to a high standard because I fear the Lord's ways and would like to honor it much as my flesh can handle and occasionally slipping with looking at naughty stuff to peak my sexual interests- umm yeah, I'm not going much further in detail because that's what I struggle with and can admit. Some guys would be openly like let it come to them, sex! I prefer to be amicable and well-behaved about it while being a patient dude. Someday I will try to perform some awesome and amazing you know with a willing and equally pleasing partner I'm married to.