Sunday, January 12, 2020

Applying Valuable And Simple Knowledge

What I've managed to learn something yesterday is really powerful and simple. First of all, I had an open mind with coming to a meeting which was the topic of applying a little neuroscience to improve one's own life. The result is my conclusion with how it's really simple in that the brain has two modes: survival and executive. The mind is either dealing with some stress or having a really good time! The productivity happens when we get our focus off of our survival instincts and start engaging in thoughts that feel good. 

There's really a lot more to it, but that's pretty much the gist of it. A lot of good things can happen from just tapping into the prefrontal cortex (PFC) which comes from entering into the executive mode. Still, the mind will constantly be doing battle with survival mode about 70% of the time on average. It's just from how we have programmed our brains. First off, it's really taking notice of our good and bad thoughts and feelings while putting a label on the bad ones and trying to constantly stay at a good state of mind.

I've found that laughter is helping me get over my negative states of mind now while recognizing it. Like for instance, I feel sorrowful underneath from being short sometimes and I know it while pushing myself to get out of the state. From coming to recognition with the hard time I was giving myself, I ended up just laughing about it. When I'm laughing, it feels really good so it's one of my executive states of mind. 

Basically anything that feels good is executive and bad is going on survival mode. It's really that simple and we just have to realize our thoughts and emotions and take the time to see if they are good or bad. When we get our minds off of the bad thoughts and become happy, we can tap into our PFC to achieve the impossible things that we want to do.