Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Funny Concerns

Last Saturday, I went to a friend's baby shower and on the guest list there was a guy who put a three-year restraining order on me since I didn't contest it about ten years ago, showing up. (This is the same thing that happened with the crazy Lee, so I consider my win against her to be so much better for all the guys out there!) I basically rehearsed to myself what I was going to tell him, but when I showed up and saw him I was just relaxed and felt like laughing underneath to be honest. It really looked like he was past all of it, and I really didn't care at that point what his personal issues are with me at that moment and had a normal conversation with him. 

I feel like if I would have brought it up, he could have felt attacked by me and then get all angry and triggered at the party. His demeanor seemed okay like he was really chill at the party or really maintaining some self-control and decency. We ended up shaking hands and leaving each other on a good note. It was like a fun reunion and I'll have to see when we run into each other again. I was in high spirits and pretty much what I was going to tell him was that I never really wrote anything bad about him on this blog while messing around. The truth is that this is so but I felt like writing crudely to laugh off my annoyance about him talking behind one of my coworker's back. I didn't know how to tell him to cool it back then because I was so shy while also trying to be a people's person so I made a self-expression of messing around while not really making anything bad off of it. It really didn't matter, so he probably had some unresolved personal conflict to settle back then. 

I was going to ask him to be more aware of his negative thoughts or feelings and get himself out of it since the person I came to like in him is how he's a pretty cool guy. I even planned beforehand what I was going to tell him if he was going to become defensive. The fact that I was ready for anything and at ease about this situation and how he conducted himself properly shows that everything came out better than I expected, since I didn't have to talk to him about it. 

He was clearly passed all of it, and this is what I hope with that church of whom I think act like modern-day, Jesus believing Pharisees. I'm really not sure if it will turn out this great but they do have strength in numbers, and it still wasn't good enough for them to successfully deal with me.