Saturday, January 4, 2020

Tapping Out On Poker

It looks like with a free Poker app, I've been steadily climbing the ranks for fun. I haven't been playing that long and have already gathered past 25 million chips from beating other players. I don't plan to try to become a professional because I can't handle the gambling aspect too well. I think just playing my ways of always being a slight favorite to win the hand when I'm all in will be just for recreational purposes. In other words, I'm getting too many bad beats when I'm risking all my chips so not getting a decent string of gains to consider it something serious for me. 

In the world of Poker, it's like this could happen for a long period of time to cause losing: it's both getting setup with a strong hand and losing to a better one and also the opponent catching his card that he needs to win. This cycle can just continuously run for awhile, and there's nothing you can really do about it. Therefore, I'm labeling all of those Poker pros, who are sponsored to play in tournaments, as extremely lucky to be there doing what they love while being millionaires! I just can't stand Poker enough to hang in there with that vicious cycle of getting hammered from uncertain statistical variance. I'm tapping out and will maybe gamble up to about a couple hundred dollars occasionally, but I'm not looking to go high stakes with this. I think I'll avoid playing the real money game online now and just stick to playing for fun on this app only to stay a nobody with a little bragging rights.