Thursday, January 30, 2020

Finding The Right One

There's actually an answer to all of this coming straight from my Christian faith. The answer is to pray, be patient while waiting, and focus on serving God with all you can. From a logical standpoint and even if one doesn't have any faith, it really does make a lot of sense. Let me explain- prayer is like meditating and having a full conversation with something you believe in while bringing to awareness of everything important that's going on with you. In terms of neuroscience, if you recognize the negativity that's going on and place a label on it, you can tame it. 

I still believe with all my heart in this higher being who goes by Jesus as my Lord and Savior, not some Mexican dude but the actual Christ who is referred to in the Bible.  Nothing should really be stopping me then from praying to him more often. 

With being patient and waiting upon it, there's nothing like staying resilient and not going all crazy while losing self-control and then committing some crimes! I'm just exaggerating but keeping the pace steady and walking that path to finding God's best is something that understandably can take quite awhile. 

Lastly, serving God with all you have can seriously be interpreted as surrounding yourself with the right people in your life. Serving God is something that needs to be done out of joy, so if it's sucking the living life out of you then it's not your calling. I've known a youth pastor I failed to stay in contact with and told me as a friend that he was still looking for his significant other so he could be happy to go on to the missionary field with her. Definitely, I support his desire 100% and hope he found her and is serving the Lord wholeheartedly and gladly. 

Jeremiah 29:11-13 says "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

Ahhh-men.