Friday, January 10, 2020

Power of Laughter

What's making this blog really work for me is how even though I'm mostly dead serious about what I'm writing about, I'm actually finding room to laugh about the details. This isn't something I can really share more about from it being my own idiosyncrasy. I do openly share about it with my mom, who then goes from complaining to becoming quiet with me. I say a lot of inside jokes and my mom doesn't laugh at them while I'm holding back a ton of laughter and wearing my serious poker face.

In a sense, it's even scared my asexual partner's best friend. At this point, I'm just calling her my partner that because in a way, she is like my girlfriend and from what I know about with asexuality. I read some articles about them and even read personal answers to questions I had online written by them. I think I'm doing everything already with an asexual just like she would with her life partner. We have gotten closer, so yeah it makes sense to call her that without the official status. It's like I'm calling her my asexual partner with an asterisk attached to it. 

I've let her know only once by text how I see her and she laughed while thinking it was weird. She's told me in person that I'm a catch, so it's not like she doesn't want to be around me. Therefore, it makes sense to not convince her to go exclusive with me because I don't want to! I guess I deal with sexual frustration to her all the time, but it hasn't hindered me from making her feel bonded. I've even supported her past crushes on handsome actors or singers, just in hopes she might no longer consider herself an asexual. I continue to do so because I think she's safe to be a life partner with whether her person-of-interest is a man or woman.