Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Showing Signs of Entertaining Progress

For my side profession, I have decided to take up competitive online Poker, swing trading, and programming software. It's pretty much the ultimate package for me and took me a long time to figure it out for myself. I would like this side profession to turn into something I do while I become my own boss and for the programming gig, I'm probably going to end up not minding hiring some talented people to work for me anyway. 

Somehow, there's just this swagger underneath that you must have to conduct yourself while entering into your own business. With apart from focusing on becoming a really good zero-sum game player, I'm not going to make any recommendations for others to join me. I just think that it's competitive and deals with the art of trying to take each other's money. It's sometimes funny to lose for me now and entertaining, but I'm not feeling so down and out about it and ready to dust myself back up and keep on competing with opponents. 

Basically, zero-sum games that I'm progressing in really require managing on how to get lucky and having the patience to take small losses while trying to continuously dodge bad hands that are being dealt. It's not that easy as it looks, so I have no money invested with my Poker and swing trading, just giving my precious time to play some competitive games while having so much fun and gaining experience on how to stay successful. I'm using only play money and trying to gain consistency out of it. There's really nothing wrong about this, and I can handle working on my own because I want to and starting to have so much fun with it. 

It seems like I don't have a problem with saying how to do things, but going about actually doing it is so much different and I guess requires talent to be able to visualize things sometimes the way I might have a tendency to.