Saturday, May 9, 2020

Establishing a Happy and Manageable Routine

I just did a little look up on how to capitalize an essay title, and it used to be something I had a really hard time figuring out on my own for the last twenty years. Just like that, in a matter of seconds after googling for it, I had my answer and the way I titled it for an essay now has the proper capitalization!

I'm really using a search engine to my benefit and even overhyped about how I could type it on the smartphone I have now too. This convenience of gathering information was probably the dreams of the pioneers who invented search engines, and it was probably Google who came up with the first, smart business plan and then conquered Netscape which couldn't compete against Internet Explorer. I think the problem with those cool Internet browsers is that it's such a hassle to download them and Windows comes pre-stocked with Internet Explorer so might as well make it the most commonly used one in the world!

It's just the psychology of convenience and how it's really difficult to gain something from having to put in the time and that it may not even be that worthwhile to someone nor interesting to stick with all of that hassle and stress of not knowing what to do. I have even taught a couple friends how to use a computer and it would take time on the go to download my favorite browser so I would demonstrate while using the one that's already there, whether it's a Mac or PC. 

It is pretty annoying in how dealing with having tutored a couple older ladies for free from the boomer generation, they just keep on being forgetful of what you have to do. Even a professional manager I worked with on a side project had this programmer's block and couldn't really figure it out. It really is a lot of sorting through details and takes awhile to get into the mind of how it's done and going through fixing the bugs while adding on things you missed on the fly with your powerful recalling skills.