Thursday, May 7, 2020

Staying On Track

From what I understand now, I think being selfish will just lead to depression in the end anyway. For a crazy guy I know, it's really hard for him to get a lot done from just not being that smart so with the selfish things he holds onto and grudges he can't let go of; yeah, he would really benefit from learning to humble himself besides doing his personal ritual that serves to pump him up but not add on anything useful from lacking a hard work ethic. With this guy, I can see him being really being abusive with the powers that are given to him, and I'm glad the forces of nature will hold him back for possibly the rest of his life. I still text him a lot to tell him that I hope he improves as a person, while teasing him. 

I think it really does come down to personal stability and putting in a lot of work while staying focused and motivated. A lot of mistakes constantly happen and it's even painful but just plowing through it with ambition and not letting up is really setting yourself up for a nice reward in the end! I think this is necessary to do for being part of God's plan. It pretty much starts with what you are into and then praying about it, while seeking to act upon the Lord's will. The Bible does recommend setting aside a day of rest in complete honor of the Lord, so like going to church for a day of worship even though I've felt like it's still work to wrestle with theology and trying to stay awake during sermons. 

The Lord truly knows what makes a devoted believer happy. Only to submit to His ways and trust in Him, can really things that go against our nature really occur. It really comes down to values doesn't it in the end for satisfaction. Are you really happy being a minimalist, somewhere in between, or going after a high quality of life? It really comes down to your heart and how you set your relationship to being with the Lord.