Saturday, May 26, 2012

Breaking It Down To Manage Things

It feels like the most significant thing I've been doing lately everyday is just working out and playing online poker. I do have enough of a bankroll where I could play at the lower limits and not really hurt as much if I lose a small buy-in for like twenty to forty dollars. I've experienced that I pretty much have a break-even effect with a small margin for making profit while playing No-Limit Texas Hold'em. Right now, it isn't much because it wouldn't really sustain a living or anything. It's just to have some fun and socialize a little bit. I have noticed with a small buy-in compared to everybody else, I can last for a long time in a table if I don't get unlucky fast. Anyway, just being beat through experiencing a bad outcome doesn't really hurt that much to me if I play a pretty small amount that doesn't even effect paying my bills or anything. It took me awhile to not feel angry about losing to another player because of my competitive spirit. I'm only playing for about an hour on average per day, so for all the other times I'm up, I really need to feed some of my other ambitions.

I'm also starting to have fun solving a Sudoku puzzle even though I'm starting at the easy level right now. I guess I'll work my way up into solving a very hard one like it was sipping a cup of coffee each morning. Let's see, being at a volunteer position is currently good right now which is dealing with fixing biomedical equipment or driving a forklift around. Man, there's some job security in the making with it! I also have a part-time job ready to form at a school driving around one of those small buses that are probably comparable in size to a U.P.S. delivery truck; it's not a bad start to earn a little income and paying some bills and getting to a point of figuring out how I'm going to be really successful at what I do.

For some time now, I've been wanting to rekindle something with my beautiful wife and start raising kids but I haven't really made it a big priority yet. My focus right now is making a substantial living to be able to provide. I feel a little jealous often when friends around me have kids to take care of or have a really beautiful spousal relationship and setup but at the same time, I'm really happy for them and can accept them as good friends. In other words, one can never truly know what the outcome will be unless he or she tries really hard everyday at reaching some wonderful goals. I'm a believer of consistent effort, positive attitude, and developing a holistic approach to hard work.