Saturday, May 19, 2012

One of Those Types

It feels like I've outdone myself with this blog, so it's basically not going to be any major rest stop in the cyber world anytime soon. I could have opted to do this government job I'm a part of full time but I chose to do it part time because I wanted to be home more often. If I really like the job I got into so much, then I guess I could turn it into a full time job after another six months. I'll see where it leads me to now.

From where I'm at right now, there are basically some things I'm pretty competent in with earning some form of living. Being one of those types of people, I went to college and graduated and then I never converted it into a stable form of living. I guess my purpose of going to college was so I could find an excuse to spend my parent's money and not worry about a thing. I wasn't really so focused on my future back then, but from seeing it now and the situation I put myself in, I have a really bad work history.

For the time being, I'm not really going to be able to get the ideal I.T. job that I originally had set my mind out to do. Therefore, I have had to come up with other ways to earn a living. Breaking it down, I am going to have seven different occupations which are all part-time- I'll explain how I do my time management with making it work out later.

These are the jobs I have found myself getting into despite my poor work history- a government job that I average working only two days a month, this independent contracting job for a company called Field Solutions (deals with I.T. repair), volunteering to repair biomedical equipment, Texas Hold-em with real money, Forex with real money, and real estate. Gee, I'm like all over the place!

On top of those jobs while managing to be able to work out everyday for an hour, I also have plenty of time left over to get about six hours of sleep and study with whatever I want to of my choosing. I also play the piano and sing with my messed up and cracking voice still. Right now, the thing I'm choosing to study is learning a language because my government job will actually give me a hefty bonus per year just for being bilingual- I have to pass this test to earn my marks. Unfortunately, Spanish is never going to count as a language to get paid in by the government because there are too many who know it already. Being Asian, yes, I have a shot at making some money after passing that language test and I did take some German for four years in high school, so I might be able do that one too after I complete the other one. Basically, my studies are now going to deal with whatever will help me earn reasonably more income. I'm going to have to be career-oriented first before I get to try to take classes for spectacular interests like learning to compose beautiful music and souping up a muscle car!