Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Learning To Live With 6 Hours of Sleep

I have actually been used to getting really sleepy whenever I tried to learn something new or try to go out and make a living. It was something I really didn't enjoy and somehow, my selfish mind was still trying to get myself hooked up with some good deals at a workplace so I could earn a living and enjoy myself. Ever since I've joined this government job position, I have really been getting disciplined to the point that now even when I'm tired, I'm still up and studying and still working as hard as I can.

Six hours isn't really a lot of sleep but man, I'm up for a very long time after getting up fairly early. It's something that I'm getting pretty used to now. One of my colleagues has told me that waking up at 7:30 am is considered to be early for most working parents. I now understand what he means. Waking up at 4 in the morning doesn't even feel so bad now when I have to from having trained in this discipline of getting less sleep.

I think I might actually be a pretty valuable employee someday in the civillian sector to any company who gets lucky enough to hire me. I'm always going to arrive at least ten minutes early to work because that's what I believe in out of courtesy and that's how my government job rolls. I'm going to get my duty done even on days that I'm not feeling it because I have learned the discipline to stick to it even when life really sucks.

On top of all this good work ethic developing, I can really see myself being head of a household with some children to raise and force to eat sushi with me (so random, I know) in the next ten years. I might actually be pretty well off during those years and be pretty physically fit with a decent and faithful wife. Life can actually treat you really well if you know how to live morally and ethically, along with placing faith in something very good and true.