Sunday, May 6, 2012

Seizing the Moment

Carpe diem [Seize the day] in Latin was discussed about briefly in the movie Dead Poet's Society. It's a pretty tragic film about a teenager who gets really pressured by his role model and loving father into doing something he didn't want to do and then had trouble coping with the measures of adding up to living to what he was actually worth. I, myself, experienced this type of stress too; I basically wanted to do something important but wasn't really up to the task because I wanted to just play video games the whole time and look for a loving girlfriend to have some fun with which was an urge that really could never be satisfied. My dad pretty much tried to trash my video games and personal entertainment- it felt very abusive at the time because I was in my puberty and dealing with a mixture of unbalanced hormones.

Ever since breaking away from my parent's influence, I have felt entitled to read up on moral things. I really found myself starting to read and examine this ancient manuscript that depicts the state of humans in a blunt manner which is probably too much for some people. I find myself placing a pretty good amount of faith in what this text has to offer and feel so much happier trying to avoid placing myself in bondage of something evil daily.

Now is the time for the right people take advantage of opportunities that are out there. For example, the whole country in the United States probably doesn't know that practically anyone could find a job in the state of Virginia which is the state with the least amount of unemployment. Probably a good amount of people who also want a job so badly and don't care what it is and how much they have to work as long as it pays good don't know that there's an oil rig which pays unexperienced people a 100 K salary that opened up in South Dakota- making this state in charge of governing a billion dollar industry.

I guess it's interesting from being around and seeing those types of opportunities- I don't see people trying to venture really far out of their comfort zones from being unemployed and actually obtaining these jobs so that they can sustain a pretty healthy family. It could also be that maybe the person thinks he is a lot brighter than he really is. Therefore, unhealthy pride may exactly be the reason to why financial ties are declivous. Also, some people try to confide in themselves which isn't bad but like the luck of the draw, it just isn't going to be happening from the great amount of unwise investments they were drawn into. In other words, there's just nothing you can really do about it and something you have to leave behind and not assist in anymore; otherwise, it drags everyone else around down too. Therefore, seize the moment and capture the enemy flag which means that our enemy has got to be stress!