Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Putting Forth A Decent Effort

I'm sure people in general have areas where it's pretty hard for them to have some self-control over. For example, it's pretty obvious that some people say curse words when things aren't go the way they like it too and know it's pretty bad to use that type of foul language. I'm sure people know it and laugh about it with themselves when it's brought up to their attention by someone else. In that type of abrupt manner based on some whim of impulse, it looks like I get caught up with doing some stupid things that won't even help me that much on the long run. Why do I keep doing the same thing over and over again?

I think it's because I'm trying to break free from not being completely happy with my upbringing. What I'm going to try to do now is just trust in what the Bible says. The Bible states to seek after the Lord's kingdom first and then everything your heart desires will be added onto you. In a way, you are laboring a lot and working on yourself by setting yourself up to go in an upright manner. Even if it's so hard at times and it feels like the right thing is to take the easy way out, it's worth hanging onto these Christian values no matter how much the world wants to scorn at you about it. I guess the world can be seen as a bunch of mortal humans who bunch up together and think they could be happy living in the moment and try to take it away from some people who they don't see fit. In a way, the world is built up of weak people in general too because their lives will be passing away too.

If the world is going to engage in some unfair activity, then why be in a rush to be evil with them? It would be much stronger to withstand your moral grounds through encouragement of the Bible and develop some ingenious tactics to succeed in this world. I'm going to try to labor hard in a spiritual sense along with putting a high physical effort in my occupation and try to be diligent in being steadfast to what the Lord intended in the Bible. I'm going to put forth a greater amount of faith then I ever have in Christ and let go of some addictive cycles that have only amounted to bringing greater hardships and heartaches with myself.