Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Meeting the Bare Minimum

I think in my own personal world of prioritizing, I believe that it's good to be consistent with a few good key behaviors to ensure my own personal success. Everybody works differently but I think the tradeoff with doing what works permits better privileges on a long term scale. I just brainstormed an idea so that I wouldn't get so caught up in my distractions for a long time and later feel like a dork for not doing the right things.
First off, I work the really really late work shift during the week from the hours of 10:30 pm to 7:00 am. That's a pretty long night sometimes but in this scale of economy- I pretty much adopted flexibility so that I could ensure myself to get a nice paycheck. What I need to do on a daily basis is accumulate ten hours of rest so that I don't buzz off at work. I eventually learned that a couple cans of coke or highly caffeinated drinks weren't going to cut it if I didn't make the investment to sleep in each day.
I have a really unique situation in that I could earn some free money each month from the government by testing proficient on a foreign language that's in demand. I'm technically a government employee and not really active with them but able to receive the great benefits associated with being one. Also I feel like I'm wasting my time and rotting my body away if I don't work out, so I should really work out to maintain my body on daily basis.
I've managed to come close to sleeping an adequate amount each day, but I have had trouble willing myself to work out after waking up. I've also had trouble investing some time to learning a foreign language. I'm usually caught up with trying to invest some time into my own private business to earn a nice form of living and possibly become financially independent. I also end up lollygagging around and surfing the net about random details that I feel curious about knowing about. Overall, I think I need to just know my place while I'm in the moment and ensure that I keep on meeting my own personal standards.
I guess I'm going to have to live with like a preference chart. The first things are going to be mandatory things. Secondly, I have to ensure I'm properly rested. Thirdly, I should be working out. Fourthly, I shouldn't be wasting my time when I could be investing some time into getting some free money. Fifthly, I should work on my own personal endeavors. Lastly, I should pretty much give myself some time to mess around with video games or surfing the Internet or hanging out with friends. I think a significant amount of people are stuck with giving priority to fun over hard work. At least I have something I know I can work on.