Sunday, August 19, 2012

Balancing Between Addiction and Ideal Desires

I think one of the areas that have wrought upon my life some destruction is having the desire to do something meaningful and well by not doing something and then receiving a major letdown later from having given into it. I find this has happened to me a lot from having ignored some really fulfilling advice found in the pages of he Bible. The Bible is actually right about the flesh being generally weak and composed of obsessive behaviors that could do harm to the invidual or others around him or her.

What I've found is that sometimes a feeling can overrun the logical system of a person's brain and cause the person to do something reckless. In my case, I just try to rationalize that the short-lived pleasure I will be receiving isn't really dangerous to my health anyway even though I come to reason that it could be perceived as morally wrong behavior. After awhile, the sensation becomes like an addiction that has to be fed ignorantly.

It's pretty crazy that in that I'm not making this stuff up. This is actually my true situation that I'm all of a sudden realizing now. It's going to take quite a bit of hardwork but I see myself doing well in the end from having invested in the effort to make my life a whole lot better.