Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dealing With Guilty Feelings

This is probably a difficult area for sensitive guys in general. I'm going to try to cover the basics. For example, my closest buddy has a strong urge to play poker and try to beat everybody in the table. Let's say, he were to go bust then he would feel incredibly bad about having made a bad decision and then stop playing poker for awhile. In other words, I notice that for myself I tend to withdraw from socializing if I feel really bad about stuff and feel like getting angry at stuff in life. It's really unhealthy behavior and first off, probably the biggest secret to becoming happy again I have to share with everyone is to literally let go of any grudges from the bottom of your heart no matter how much you want to hang on to something.

It feels self-contradictory but from actually applying healthy techniques to let go of anything bothering you, it gives you more freedom to think with a clear mind and to be more honest and courteous to others. In other words, it will help you engage in better relationships with others no matter how bad someone confuses you through blaming you about any issue. If you acted out already in distress and anger at someone or received it from someone, then I think the best thing to do is to again let go of any grudge you have with the person and to not act on those angry feelings again i.e. making fun of someone or writing a bad e-mail no matter how big you think you are at conveying big ideas or hiding your feelings.

The model fits best with just having a clear mind and being honest. I believe that feeling guilt can also be a form of having self-contempt especially if the person acted out of lack of self-control and is now feeling sensitive about a resulting issue. My form of guilt that I'm talking about right now to get rid of is the one that I just described. Basically, if it's been a variation of some cycle that you can't really realize yet and have the desire to resolve the guilty feeling then try to not give into the moment and put yourself in the same situation again. It doesn't matter how many times you failed- the idea is to never stop trying and to keep learning to do things the right way.

There's really no perfect model to release the frustration, but for myself, I recognize it in a form of emotion I receive but subdue the feelings through willing myself to let it go and usually ends up with me saying something I don't regret later. Just think of it in how we're a work in progress and we could always turn it around. For some people and for those who wouldn't mind so much about it, having a source of spiritual connection could always provide this sense of relief to help counteract with the negatives of the person's life and help restore mental balance again.