Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting Set Up For Success

It's definitely about dealing with a lot of hard work and having discipline. I remember back in the days that I kept on having these feelings of chronic fatigue while studying. I would just pout while sitting around trying to study and memorize answers to a test- it felt like a very annoying game. Nowadays, I don't really feel it that badly as I used to and I would probably sleep out of boredom if I wasn't getting something done right. Nonetheless, it was the past where I had to temporarily learn to push out anxiety and do something positive for myself. It was really hard from being a very short-sighted person. I still am that way for the most part but it's been getting better for me these days.

I've now learned a behavior that I never thought I would attain. I can actually sit there and read a book no matter how long and no matter how boring it is! Okay, I actually speed read when it's at the boring sections or when I'm experiencing some tunnel vision or distracted. When I'm actually excited though like when I'm researching on interesting topics from Wikipedia, I can actually have a greater retention rate. I'm starting to more rely on practicality now when it comes to studying or obtaining a merit of achievement. There's a reason behind the madness of applying yourself to any school subject.

I guess the emotional barriers of a human being can be so hard to bear sometimes in comfort that people won't really give in. I think it's a good thing sometimes- like children feeling really afraid of doing something bad in the beginning or even putting themselves in danger. When we get older and more desensitized, I guess that's where the brain gets to come into play and no matter how lost we get, it seems like there are seriously three things that hold us together. They are love, faith, and hope! In other words, there's something that causes us to stay committed to being alive and things that drive us to aspire in this world.