Saturday, October 13, 2012

Trading Discussion

This is just a generalization of how I'm running my own trading system now. I've had a lot of help from different sources and from putting it together, I've come out with something that is testable and is part of my preferences. In the beginning, I thought I could come up with a one-size-fits-all method where I could just leave it there and keep on making money automatically! I created a trading robot and with all those painful hours of coding, I managed to come up with one and easily create a new one whenever I wanted to.

After all the excitement of creating my robot, I put it to the test. It was a failure! Then, I started looking at different tools while feeling pressured to make money. I ended up spending countless hours analyzing tools that I wanted. All of a sudden, I found some consistency with a trading method and ever since I've been building upon it with new information and cutting edge stuff!

Now, I can say that I trade with the idea of not being on that long analyzing the markets. I just don't want to put my heart into sitting there and watching how the market reacts which might be fun for some traders. I just pretty much look at the daily charts and plug in some indicators. I gauge how the market is doing and then act when it seems to be a profitable opportunity. I'm not trading every single day though because my indicators tell me not to.

The thing that I'm trying now is just trading on Monday through Thursday and looking to close out on trades at the beginning or end of the month. This would just eliminate any headache and worries of how the market is going to react. I'm finding myself becoming really rapid in analyzing the trades and this is really good for me.

I'm also trying something new which is doing add-on trades- this is a concept I never thought of doing before. Whenever I'm already in a profitable trade and another signal pops up for a good trade, I should pretty much add on to the collection plate! My money management scheme is to pretty much just risk only 2% of my account per trade. This just eliminates the headache of losing huge each time and worrying about not making it back. I find that it's better to play this conservative route.