Thursday, October 25, 2012

Turning It Around

I remember looking into some of those religious people's faces over an incident that was really personal. I could remember Christopher's face as he looked into my eyes with this angry and disturbed look like he knew what was up and then told me that the girl I was questioning on whether I liked or not was praying for me to turn it around. These are some really funny and awkward moments to recall now.

It's really all about finding the right balance and the good people who can help you get there along with taking a personal journey pretty seriously. It's nice to feel relaxed most of the time though and to enjoy the presence of being among friends, wife, and kids. Yeah, I know the whole world would come to a pretty universal agreement that how this church conducted with me was wrong! It's so whacked out of proportion that it would even be easy to laugh about now. Whether friend or foe, nice or pretty dumb acquaintances, it's pretty dog gone clear that you're not supposed to take something to the next level when it just regards questioning personal feelings related to entering a relationship and sort of wanting to avoid it.

It's pretty crazy that religious people who call themselves a know-it-all would start trying to pound on me mentally or emotionally just because I was contending with personal feelings on some women who I was just trying to come to terms with. It's weird that they forced me to participate in some game they thought would mean the end of the reign of their church, if I would fail them. Hey, I'm honored that I got in trouble by religious people just because I was personally debating to myself whether I liked some girls or not.