Friday, October 19, 2018

Life Thought Process

It looks like my life is really planned a lot around thinking about worthwhile things to spend my money or time on and also trying to invest so I will be free to engage in those plans. Life sure does feel empty without having a sense of purpose and I'm glad that with my beliefs, I owe it all to the Lord. Living life as a true Christian is truly representing spiritual freedom and I guess some people have had bad experiences or just don't like them from something they disagree about. I guess I could use more of my time to be in prayer about it then even though I don't and have been tuning into Pastor's Perspective daily during the weekdays and even listening to a Bible lesson while driving to work.

I also have been fun reading the God's Word translation because it's been a lot easier for me to understand it and then if I have a question about a verse, I end up reading J. Vernon McGee's commentary and sometimes also Jon Courson's New Testament. They are both basic enough and even disagree with each other on some teaching points, but it's useful enough for me! J. Vernon McGee will reference passages in the King James version and so reading it extra makes it pretty interesting. It's like letting them spoon-feed me for the moment so I can grow faster in basic, Biblical knowledge.  I have been surprised by how much there is to know about the Bible and from what I was taught previously, how I was so limited before.

I have four lists now to organize my tasks while using my G-mail account. It's been very useful for me and simple. I like these two things a lot- simple and very useful! I'm starting to realize that with everything I have worked at with my investing, it's been about trying to make a living and I faltered with not applying myself. It's like those businesses require a gamble in putting a lot of time into it before getting successful. My mom even told me that making a living is a necessary gamble because without it how could one survive in this world? Instead of cutting losses, they went for it all the way and in my dad's case, he was successful. Knowing my mom's personality, my mom would have stuck with us all the way to the end and do all she can to support the family even if the business failed. Fortunately, it all turned around for my dad's business. I'm learning some more of these valuable life lessons and it's like gaining knowledge is nothing without applying it. It becomes like a pastime.