Monday, October 21, 2019

Taking Notice Of Myself

On dating apps, I have taken notice that the ladies who are right away interested in me are those who I think might be having trouble finding someone to date and are open-minded with trying me out. I take it as a complement but I'm not really interested in them, too. I guess I'm shallow to a certain degree and judging attractiveness based on their photos. Yet, I still wouldn't mind hanging out with them and learning about their personalities. Maybe, I could end up changing my mind someday. It's just that I don't think it's worth my time, in addition to worrying about other annoying situations I would like to avoid if it didn't work out.

I think the attractive ladies on those dating apps don't have any problems with getting attention, so they would appear to be so busy or waiting to match up for their ideal person. I would have to say they are pretty lucky for having nice looks, but there could be a little hassle with them finding someone nice for them, if they still have a dating profile. I guess there's nothing wrong with that and feeling insecure about them ignoring or rejecting me, while having an idea of what they are trying to do would be the wrong direction to go. Being a man, I shouldn't really be bothered by it and accept that the online pool of ladies interested in me could be smaller than I would like while also not being too interested in them!

Still, I think it's fun to just try it out and have an idea with who I could end up with. Basically, it looks like the nice single ladies out there who aren't really that physically attractive would be the ones I could realistically date the easiest. I just can't really tell them in person that I don't think they are pretty enough or too overweight for my dating preferences. Yet, I'm open to possible friendship, so it complicates things because I want to always seem nice without hurting their feelings. With people being people, these ladies who struggle are probably not the most resilient people out there and will find some breathing room to talk about their problems to someone while not getting consistent turn-around results which is a turn-off for me. This is the judgement call I am making.

I guess I don't really care if a lady I like ends up wanting to only be friends. I don't mind staying that way while working hard to keep on trying to improve everything about myself and will go looking for someone else I can accept as my partner. I basically don't really care being rejected or put on hold or whatever now because I can always respect that part. This gets me thinking that I should have just told the lady who was frustrated with me my true feelings. I was physically attracted to her, but I was feeling at the same time that she might not be right person to be with. I was only interested in being a nice person and trying to work on a decent friendship with her. It didn't work out because I was too shy to reveal all of this to her. I've worked on my shyness ever since and it's been better with how things have turned out.