Saturday, March 6, 2021

Prioritizing Better

What's on my mind is that I prefer to be less hands on if possible, so basically the lazy approach while living through the ups and downs without much change in emotion. This could be too worrisome for some people, but I'm just learning to cut my losses and let the good times keep on riding! 

Last night, I ran into a fairly long session of online Poker so it gets quite fickle with the subject of making profit and does involve some gambling. These Poker hands can get pretty intense and the players are crafty with sometimes risking it big too. It's always a pleasure to catch them bluffing and a pain to be discovered trying to do it to others. At the same time, they can run away with a huge profit from making a better hand and betting so big! 

I just don't like playing a session that could take up longer than an hour on work nights. I was playing a fast fold Poker table which instantly connects you to another pool of players and starts a new hand after folding or winning one. I was expecting to get in thirty minutes of action to reach my goal of making profit. This is probably what did me in because it took at least twice as long than it usually does for me. I was trying to play routinely because I ran into some consistency. 

Again, I hit a slight rough patch but my strategy hasn't totally changed. I'm accepting all the near misses and playing most of the hands appropriately, so I should be making a profit theoretically in the long run. Maybe my goal with the time I'm willing to spend at it isn't nearly feasible enough right now.

I'm going to have to lay off of Poker and find something else to do on regular evenings in an effective and satisfying manner. I will probably have the most free time on the weekends so I'll leave it to playing then with however much I can.