Saturday, June 19, 2021

Applying Old Way with New Approach

For some reason, I have this sense of urgency to do things when it's the last minute and then all my senses get kicked up a notch. I want to perform so well and then get this adrenaline rush. It's something that's stuck with me ever since I was little. I just had trouble with putting myself into motion and then being reminded of some unimportant deadline, I would start working hard like it was an addiction temporarily. 

From going about with things like this, I would sometimes run out of time and feel self-humiliation from all those past failures I had to experience. It wasn't fun at all even if I know I deserved all of it upon myself. 

Something new that I want to try now is with any task that befalls my way, I want to treat it like it's the last minute so I can put all my energy into it for a little longer on more time consuming tasks. In the past, I would be too discouraged to do this but now I feel so much positivity. 

Since I have no need for any therapy about gaining some self-confidence, this is now going back to mastering Time Management 101.