Friday, December 7, 2012

Feeling Shortsighted

It was really hard for me in college because I was so discouraged by a lot of things. Basically, I looked at everything like how I had only one shot and that if I missed then everything was over for me and there was no way of clawing back up. It was like looking up to perfection as my number one goal. I wanted to look for something that was always a win-win situation where I would never have to suffer a loss.

When I failed to meet these agendas, I became pretty weird and I was so distraught underneath but hell-bent on getting something done with my life. From the occasional shutting down moments and the sure-fire moments of feeling I was on top, these were the days where my life felt like it had its ups and downs.

From the moment I chose to not give into my anger as impetus to the people who were giving me trouble at a church, normally I would have and then they would cease to do anything bad to me, but then I would have remained the same weird person for even longer periods of time; I put myself in the right path of looking at it in the big picture. Now, I don't really take falls much to heart anymore; I'm ready to make peace with my maker already but then again, I'm about working hard to make a living and live a pretty straight forward life while driven to pretty cool and good things in life.