Friday, March 8, 2019

Losing Family

It looks like I'll be losing an uncle in law tonight who lost the battle with Lou Gehrig's disease. He suffered a heart attack after having trouble breathing a few nights again and then was put into an induced coma at the hospital after the paramedics managed to resuscitate him. He did live to be 77 years old which is considered to be still too young to go these days, but it is the average lifespan of an American male.

I held back a lot of tears while visiting with family and watching his body involuntarily breath air while hooked to a machine. It seemed like he was really suffering while his eyes were fluttering with movement. I felt he was responsive and could hear all of us but just wasn't able to respond. The last few nights didn't go well for my cousins who noticed their dad had severe seizures. After the doctors stabilized him, one of my cousins reported he was practically brain dead.

It's pretty sad to see him go out like this, but it just gets me thinking personally how I would like to have close family by my side too if I ever was in this position. Maybe it could be just my closest friends at this point, but it would sure be neat to be married to a good wife and have a few responsive kids who didn't care they turned out to be also short! Honestly, I don't know why I'm selfishly thinking about how I have no shot from being a short guy in this side of the world, but I don't think it's really about the height anymore because there may be other ways to physically attract a woman. I guess it's just something that will have to be natural from continuing to meet ladies.

Overall, I do believe in the Bible even though it still hurts and how he's moving on to heaven, the best place for any human soul to end up in. It's sort of a celebration for the life he lived and he did well for someone who suffered this incurable disease.