Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Updated Plans

It now looks like with my precious time, I want to go socialize, work out, and do some cooking. On the side after work, I'm maintaining a few investment portfolios and I'm trading live currency to establish profit. I've tried to profit off of online Poker but now I figure that it's really gambling because you can't always control the amount of money you risk during some situations. It's a good Poker decision and there isn't anything wrong with calling someone's huge bet when you know you are ahead, but it could still end up going against you. Conversely, when you know you have the opponent beat, you want to put in much as you can but will possibly not win a huge pot.

It's these dynamics that add into the gambling atmosphere, no matter how solid your Poker skills are. Some professionals have done well from tapping in other profitable corners from Poker that the normal brain can't detect, but they are so few compared to like the billions who have gambled at least once in their life! 

Honestly, if I enjoyed this rush even through the pains of going on a losing run, then I would probably have never picked up a regular job and be trying to play on live television. I am once again disillusioned based on my principles and now realize that the gambling aspect isn't based on what I think is a really good Poker system, but from those situations where you may have to risk more than you like because your opponent keeps on pressuring you with a tough decision. There's really nothing you can do about losing with a string of bad beats that go on consistently at the wrong time. This is what Poker can consist of at some moments.

I believe that I have better control of my betting size from investing and keeping it a steady 1 to 2% risk per trade and not have to be sitting there while watching boring charts move from volatility! The only time I will gamble on my iPhone at online Poker with low stakes involved now is when I have down time and isn't a good enough reason for me to go socialize, cook, or work out.