Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Planning Tasks

I'm writing this post on the 19th of October and it looks like the local gym has reopened with some restrictions added in place. I'm looking to go work out since none of the meetups really interest me during the week. I'm more open to going to an event on the weekends, so for the meantime I want to focus on my health whenever I'm off work and continuing to work on investing my money.

I bought a Poker book for only 50 cents at a bargain bookstore and it's by the Poker pro who has won the most World Series of Poker tournaments. He actually has some good tips that you can follow and they are laid out in only a few pages since I'm only interested in online NL Hold'em. There's actually more that goes into it like calculating pot odds and reading opponents but that comes all through experience and learning things about yourself. 

Anyhow, by adding those few tips, I feel like I'm having more fun with playing Poker now and I even ended up winning a large pot that was nearly triple my max buy-in! I'm going by a bust-or-boom strategy now and reloading whenever my chip stack goes below 25 big blinds. However, if I end up losing it all in one hand then I'm out for the whole day with no doubts on my mind (bust). The same applies if I end up totaling to profit with making my buy-in amount or more (boom). 

I'm only looking to play on the weekends when I have a little free time left over and preferably in the morning to late afternoon.