Friday, February 18, 2022

Learning to Read More Pleasurably

It took me a while but I used to be an insecure imperfectionist. I was constantly under stress with wanting to push myself to be a goody two shoe at everything, so I would constantly wear myself out and be in so much worry about not being good enough.

I don't know how this type of mentality came about, but I think it's because nobody convinced me that it was okay to not be perfect and that you don't have to be the best at everything and kill yourself over it. With every failure that I faced, my negativity level would just keep on rising to the point that I felt like ditching education. Boy, I could have used some therapy sessions but I didn't even know this was what I needed. The fact that I finally figured it out is pretty cool.

I know another guy who has a lame head and stays depressed while accepting that state of mind. He's an insecure and lonely narcissist who really can't do enough to get to where he wants to be in life. This type of mentality is something people shouldn't really tolerate for themselves in the long term. It's physically draining and will only hinder climbing over any figurative speed bumps. This guy should really go see a therapist. 

Getting back to reading, it's pretty simple with what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to read as fast as I can, so I try to fully eliminate subconscious pronunciation and concentrate on taking in the meaning. It does flow more naturally than before.