Saturday, February 5, 2022

Working on Self

I'm now on a matchmaking site which is what my parents ended up signing me up and paying for. I'm getting pretty close to an old age and still haven't married. It makes sense for young people to think that I'm really old. I'm pretty secure about it and ready to settle down now. 

To think in terms of practicality, I already have a soulmate but she isn't perfect with a lot of baggage. My dad argued that she isn't, but I told him that even with her faults, I still think she's amazing and will always be so right for each other. This really makes my dad uncomfortable, so I think he has caught on to how I want to make a lot of money and then live my happy life without needing to carry on a relationship with my dad because I didn't fulfill his selfish desire with me. 

In the end though, this is how it should be because my parents wanted to be so meddlesome with telling me to always do what they think is right. I have become too disillusioned that I now don't need their approval for anything.