Sunday, February 13, 2022

Understanding Investment Risk

I'm starting to understand how to invest right now to get to where my goal is. It's pretty much managing risk and there's really no right or wrong way; it's probably more about going with what you are comfortable with.

There are quite a few ballsy people out there who put all their money into something like Bitcoin and then ride out the volatile waves for long periods of time. It's quite uncomfortable especially if you find yourself going through a patch where you really could use the money for anything! 

I prefer a more balanced or holistic approach with managing my money. For starters, it's great to have three times the monthly budget for emergencies and then save as much as possible for investing. I've done so well at it naturally the past year during the pandemic that now I believe I have enough to go for a nice run of making myself rich! I found the right source of investing philosophy that matches with how I want to live. 

Patience is definitely a virtue, but it's also smart to take calculated risks. It's really about finding out what works best for you. I'm ready to live a pretty chill life as a wealthy enough person who can enlighten others to be millionaires also and keep on making improvements to this world.