Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Going For The Big One

I guess my personality these days is to pretty much go for obtaining the most rewarding, fastest, and practical route to make a living. The greatest field in the job employment world in the current times is only hiring 50% of its applicants who are out of school, leaving the other half technically without a job still. There are one of two ways to look at it- half empty or half full. It's a lot easier to be optimistic if there's really no payments that have to be made and just keep shooting for a position without losing heart. I remember submitting thousands of resumes online and receiving a few calls even with just a meager looking resume for a related position. Therefore, it's not going to be impossible in finding interviews- the trick is going to about finding a way to get the door opened.

I made a mistake listening to people's generalizations in the past. Because of my popular major, everybody was expecting me to make a lot of money after getting out of school. However, I found myself to be with some setbacks; therefore, I went off to do some of my courageous acts that made me see how I'm a failure in the business world. My personality desires to be holistic with this approach of finding a suitable career or mate; therefore, I feel the struggles I've made have not been done in vain.

My personal solution is not a "One size fits all" type of direction because not everyone will be capable of going this route. One of my friends became lucky because of his connection with his dad in an industry and therefore, he landed a pretty stable job. My first job was pretty stressful, but I had a connection with a former friend who went bonkers and turned out to be quite evil. I developed more connections but I didn't grasp the opportunity when I had the time, and I regret making some tough decisions that didn't go my way. These moments are struggles that I want to believe that everybody has dealt with. However, acknowledging my poor performances and moving on to work hard without any more regrets is something that seems logical with successful people. That's where I'm headed.