Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Sleep-In

Memorial Day is pretty much about celebrating the deaths of veterans who fought for this great country. I guess for some people, this special holiday means getting a paid leave from a company they work at and in my case, I get to sleep in after partying pretty hard last night. I met quite a bit of beautiful women who are single last night at a fair lady's house which one of my friends wants to lay some dibs on her. I was actually a little surprised that they are older than me and not really settled down yet- the saying goes that it's really hard actually to become committed in a good marriage.

Actually, with the act of hugging people, I used to get a little thrill engaging in it with some female friends- not anymore, I just accept it as normal and don't really feel anything bad about it. In other words, it sometimes feels like I'm hugging another close guy friend haha. I got to notice some of the girls pretty much hugged everybody and the guys pretty much shook hands with everybody in the room before they left the party and that they were not really leaving anybody out. It was actually for the most part, a pretty fun and responsible party engaged by some respectable adults. We were just messing around with some glow sticks and engaged in relaxing and moving about to some music; it was actually fun and sort of more warmer because it was a person's house than at a night club.  

I didn't really notice this but a lady was trying to subtly tell me that she's interested in me. I guess a few drinks didn't hurt her from telling me how she felt about it- she was in a good mood so she was telling me that she really likes me. When she was a little bothered by something, I was taking some criticism from her haha. I actually think I might be able to take in criticism from a woman whose intent on being blunt and not really my little sister or mom haha. When I have had altercations with Mom and my little sis, it's felt like 1 vs 1 vs 1 and a three-way match haha. It's pretty crazy because I feel like I'm connecting a lot better these days and this whole thought of being short isn't really preventing me from doing it. I guess I tried to overcompensate a little in some more rugged environments to experiment, and it turned out to get ugly but without the experience, I wouldn't be able to connect well. Wow, understanding people isn't really that hard and conducting oneself in a self-controlled and highly likeable manner is very possible even when a bunch of goody two-shoes manage to get others to turn against you.