Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Embracing Conflict

I took a short introvert-extrovert personality test. The result that came out for me is that I'm an omni-vert. What that pretty much means is that I have the best of both qualities. I enjoy some peace and quiet and every now and then, I'm cool about socializing with others even though I need some people to approach me. It's only because I feel shy from being shorter than others. If this wasn't the case, I would probably be trying something since my childhood era!

An extrovert is comfortable with conflict. With that being plain said, I'm also an extrovert and introvert at the same time, so I feel very confident about people being bothered with me now!

My weakness is that I thought my strongest point was what was bothering people. It's actually a negative quality with me because I didn't notice that I was heavily annoyed to the borderline of being angry. You see, I've learned to keep my emotions in check even when stuff are making me so enraged. I put it out in the form of angry jokes that offends the people I'm annoyed with.

Learning to separate those angry feelings with others and doing the right thing in pushing forward with a more suitable state of mind has started to make me laugh about my past conduct and mistakes. I also think it's funny with how others treated me too in their speech. They are just words and said really out-loud in an angry voice. They are weaklings to me anyway and doing me a service with helping me becoming desensitized with people whose voices suck and should never aspire to be professional singers!

I'm cool with just about everybody now that I ever engaged in some type of conflict with. I still feel the angry, annoyed feeling where it wants to go out and start telling creative and offensive jokes about the person I'm not feeling good about. I'm just more aware of it and not choosing to go that route anymore. I prefer to be a much cooler and nicer person, just because it makes me happier and that's the direction I want to go now.