Friday, January 29, 2021

New Thing to Juggle

Well, I learned that having a gun in the household increases the risk of someone dying or committing suicide while using it. It is technically common sense, but I applied for a gun safety certificate and answered false thinking that it would make gun advocate groups happy!  

I went to a gun range and had fun firing a .45 caliber that has really strong recoil. I received some great instruction and had a good amount of practice in two hours while killing the center target from just 5 yards. The instructor said that I did really well and had proper form; otherwise, someone who was bad at it would have not done so well. I need to get better on my trigger squeeze and it would be fun to do some competitive shooting like hitting targets eventually. I don't know, but this is turning into a strange, new hobby for me.