Sunday, June 19, 2011

Benefits of Writing

I guess life is sometimes what people decide to make of it and how it applies differently for everybody on a case by case basis. People who have overreacted with me in the past have been the most annoying types of people for me, and I remember not really saying much because I was not trying to let them get to me. I was really with this dilemma of worrying about so much about my image, and it just felt like my image was just continuously floundering against me because of them over exaggerating about some things with me which really became aggravating to the point that I wouldn't try to listen to them but I still did and just felt like they were going to be driving me crazy.

All of this stuff happened so internally for me that I really wouldn't have minded going to talk to a traditional psychologist about it while lying down on one of those sofa beds and just talking about what's going on through my head to help find some relief from everything happening. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time and money to do it so I had to look for an alternative form or else I would have continued to be a scared little pup underneath and avoid recognizing some good things about people and not really enjoying myself.

My form of personal therapeutic relief came from deciding to talk honestly about myself on this blog. Being honest on a blog is so very difficult because of the tendency of me wanting to write good stuff about myself and look good. I decided to let the fear take me and to manage it by writing about it truthfully and just plain blunt- for some reason, since I'm a guy, being straight-forward for me is not a very bad thing and I don't seem to detract people because of it; in fact, it's like mainly others might find it appreciable that I would be straight up even if what I'm saying really sucks for some people. Nowadays, I don't really attract too many negative comments against me from being honest; just that some people might feel like I'm being a downer from being straight-up with them and honest. I'm still going to not really tell white lies; however, I can sometimes sense a person might feel like committing suicide if anything bad is revealed about them like dealing with this old church I kept writing about. In this case, I'll intentionally be a little more nice about what I have to tell them and just take in their response as being positive especially if I'm dealing with some women in the picture!