Monday, June 27, 2011

Living In Pretty, Pretty Times

Interesting News
-------------------
1. The Supreme Court upheld that it is legal to rent or sell violent video games to minors. (This brings back the day I was really into playing Street Fighter and beat the whole game on the hardest mode without ever doing a fireball or any of his special moves with Ken- just tried to keep it realistic with just kicks and punches- ever play Shaq-fu? That's how it is.) http://beta.news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-strikes-down-california-video-game-law-142839213.html

2. A fire broke out in New Mexico and is in danger of blowing up a nuclear facility.  http://beta.news.yahoo.com/wildfire-triggers-evacuations-near-los-alamos-002006674.html

3. The Dodgers file for bankruptcy protection (Chapter 11), due to not being able to seal a multibillion-dollar TV deal. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Los-Angeles-Dodgers-file-for-apf-485017119.html?x=0

Significance of Today
------------------------
1. Today is a national HIV Testing Day. Honestly, I feel something related to the books Heart of Darkness and Dante's Inferno. If I were to travel to a sex industry, I would find people testing for AIDS and then as I moved to the center of it all, I would find people all messed up from having AIDS.

2.  Today is the birthday of Captain Kangaroo- Bob Keeshan who was born in 1927. Cowabunga dude!

Time To Blog
---------------
Okay, when I stated that I have horrible writing skills- I know that is personally true even though I managed to catch the attention of only like one person out of every thousand times I've wrote something. I guess it's about quantity over quality with my bad writing- it's also like a box of chocolates because you never know what you're going to get. I don't even know what I'm going to get with my writing- that's why, it's so bad.

I guess my brain waves are so sucked into working now. It's like I don't need to feel all the glory with the time I put anymore. I already feel the passion and can imagine myself having lived it. I think this is what a bunch of old farts like me can do. I'm still under thirty years old and feel so old now. Definitely, I really need to step it up and work so hard. I'm just so weird in how I go about finding jobs and actually getting at them when I do work.

This is a very blessed nation that I'm living in. The opportunities are right under people's noses and it really takes putting in a lot of time to be successful at something and just being relentless. I think the best people at their craft are the most desperate about being diligent people and will never give up and just passionately pursue after something, no matter how hard their life has been. Expect me to become one of them, even though my writing still sucks.