Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Best Part About Programming

Sometimes programming a computer to do a task can be very challenging and lots of work. The greatest part about it is how it feels really awesome when it finally does what you set it out to do, along with understanding everything that's happening with the program. It's really hard in the beginning to be super accurate for me in programming and may take me quite awhile to gain this really good habit that just acts really sharp and jumps onto debugging my programs really fast. I pretty much need to compile like thousands of times in the beginning with some large programs because I'm doing a lot of tests on it and trying to make it flawless. It gets really tedious at times, but feels very rewarding when I finally succeed at making it work. I think for that reason alone, no matter how hard life feels like it's getting, it feels good to be a programmer and the main reason why I want to create a living off of it now.

Submitting my resumes online with just a bachelor's degree and a 2.3 college GPA along with hardly any experience working for programming companies has been extremely difficult for me to get a break in programming. I've probably been called by only one recruiter to be a programmer after all these years but I never received any call back from her. I guess I'm losing my patience in getting a programming job with the couple hundred resumes I've sent over the past 5 years. I'm currently programming code right now to be long-term day trader and working with some group of friends in programming games, which is actually fun. I guess I'll keep submitting in resumes but if I don't get any calls, I'm going to try to set up my own company working as a game programmer in the process and develop a pretty good day trading mind with stocks in case I need some form of living while trying to pursue after this great goal to make a fun computer game to introduce to the world. I know that I also enjoy the idea of being a professional driver, too so I have another one that I could use to create a living off of. I have a pretty active level of interest dealing with medical science, too and would like to someday obtain a physician assistant's degree to just practice at a volunteer clinic a couple hours a day maybe because I prefer not being paid to try to help cure people's sicknesses right now.