Sunday, March 17, 2013

Becoming Resilient

There's pretty much this trend of personal suffering that some people can go through sometimes. The best way I think I can describe it right now is that when the going gets tough, the feeling is that it's going to get tougher and not be very pleasing as you would like. Therefore, some people just become lazy and then shut themselves down because they can't handle a personal mental beating. 

I guess resiliency is a really necessary trait for successful people; I personally like to characterize it as strength to carry on. Its actual or logical definition has two similar meanings which is being able to also bounce back from a difficult situation or withstanding something. I sort of have taken notice that some church people have claimed that I kept on justifying myself and couldn't submit to their needs from being an overreacting bunch of twerps! This was at the time where I was trying to be resilient in figuring out what was the source of their distress and just asking questions. I guess a few wrong moves here and there took me out of the running with their lives- moody people aren't always going to think about treating you fairly. When you bunch them all up together in this restless state of mind and they are actually thinking about how to deal with you, well you know how it goes. 

Overall, I'm trying to not be bothered by the situation anymore. Even the annoying advice some people might unintentionally give me, I'm not trying to be bothered by those ideas anymore either. I think it was just happening from me continuously bringing up the subject; maybe, if I truly wasn't bothered by the situation then I wouldn't even keep talking about it. I'm going to have to draw my own personal conclusions about the event that took place and do the best I can to be objective about it, but I think it's been a lot easier these days to manage those negative feelings of bitterness and being let down through actually thinking positive and also finding reasons to not be bothered by my issues with others anymore.