Monday, March 11, 2013

Balancing Work and Rewards

This is something new that I'm going to try. It's a really simple system that I conjured from reading up on time management. I guess it's always been in the back of my mind, but I just don't do this on a daily basis because my feelings are just worn out. I think I should overcome my negative feelings which make me very unproductive and learn to just suck it up in life when things are just not going the way I want them to.

There's pretty much two steps to my system of managing time- I just love keeping it simple! I remember one of my math professors for Linear Algebra just constantly reiterate how easy and simple those complicated math problems were. Man, it was annoying and for the F I received in the class, I just took it like a man and aced the class the second time around. I seriously did not know what I was doing but just mindlessly following a set of rules like a drone. I guess sticking to a system even without understanding it can provide some sort of relief in life, but seriously get some help if you can when that happens.

Managing Time Plan

1. Get a piece of paper to scribble on. Divide two sections of the paper and on one side put down the absolute musts in your life (e.g. school, work, and current obligations such as needing to hit the gym). For the other side, make a list of the fun necessities in your life like you seriously need this to complement your lifestyle such as T.V., playing video games, or going out on dates! Here's what my list looks like:

School                                                                                  Checkers
Work Out/Health                                                                  Blog
Work                                                                                    Piano
Study Language                                                                    Date
Sleep

2. For the first pile- pick something from that list and get to working at it. After completing it or if you think you deserve a break, reward yourself with like a game of checkers or something fun of that sort. Try to go pick up a date or something. Basically, don't spend so much time on the fun pile. I limit the time I spend blogging, but have to watch out for blowing my time playing my piano because it's so fun and addicting to mess around on it and play stuff that annoys your neighbors and siblings.