Monday, August 26, 2013

Advantages of Being Single

For this post, I'm going to play a little devil's advocate. What I mean is that, it appears that an average person has this natural tendency of desiring an intimate and fulfilling relationship with another. It's really crazy from having talked to one of my single buddies, he's actually considering on staying single for the rest of his life. He tells me that he's seen other men dating their beautiful girlfriends and acting so stressed out from trying to please them. His description is pretty comical because he states that he enjoys more of his freedom and that if he were to be a relationship he would have to call up his girl and always be in accountability with her; his main example was that he would want to take a break from his relationship often by gambling in Las Vegas and then hanging out with her for a week before repeating the process again.

Even though I have felt he's been too shy, uptight, and over-cautious which might be a good thing for protecting his own innocence, he's been invited out by supposedly an attractive female who I have never met to her birthday party. He told me that he randomly added her on Facebook because he thought she was cute and made some comment that she ended up liking. After discussing a little with him about her personality, he sees her as a very mellow, Gothic girl who is loose about her scary image and doesn't want to get close with her. Okay, I understand that he hasn't found the right girl to try dating because he's overlooking the important values of being a partner and going for pleasing his visual senses by making failed attempts at interacting with pretty women. He has basically told me that he isn't really boyfriend material, so I think that's pretty funny and something I'm not going to pressure him for to change.