Monday, August 19, 2013

Movie Review- Elysium

Disclaimer: Okay, this is something I'm doing just to write up something and will do my best to not vent about anything going on in my personal life. If it does happen where I make fun of somebody in my personal life, it's all based on truth and I am having a great time laughing about the person's behavior.

This movie casts Matt Damon with that exoskeleton suit for the most part of the movie. I'm basically going off of the trailer, so don't blame me for mentioning that. I'm not going to mention any plot- go see the movie if you have permission from parents if under 17 or otherwise if you just want to. I thought the movie was hands down GOOD! The ending was a little sad but it symbolizes the sacrifice of one person's life making a dramatic impact for the good of mankind; it's sort of analogous to Christ dying on the cross to prolong his message to the Western culture.

It's rated R so expect something with that rating. I forgot what made the movie rated R already and detailing what's on there would be like ruining the plot, so I am going to avoid saying anything. I think the MPAA previews said something like use of bad language and violence. I was actually pumped up in the fight scenes which were done so well- I think Matt Damon has some experience in choreographing fight scenes from having been Jason Bourne in the trilogy. The actor who played the bad guy was a great character for Matt Damon's character to deal with. The reasons for Matt Damon's character to go fighting seemed pretty legit to me, and it was just interesting along with how the movie theater was packed and my group of buddies had to sit in the front because we showed up about ten minutes earlier before it started.